There was a recent article on the Burnaby Now website titled 'Industrial real estate booming in Burnaby'. The same can be said for the residential real estate market in Burnaby.
According to the Burnaby Now article Burnaby industrial real estate sales in 2010 passed the $100-million mark for the first time since 2006, to a total of $100.6 million, with 41 transactions.
It said that Burnaby industrial sales did well in 2010 because of a number of factors, including the recovering market, good value properties, and Burnaby's proximity to port operations, downtown Vancouver, YVR airport, and the two highways.
"All in all, it's a desirable location," was one quote from the feature. Although this article was purely about commercial real estate, the exact same things can be said about the residential real estate market here.
Some of the reasons to buy property in Burnaby:
- Burnaby has some great value properties.
- Burnaby is a desirable place to live.
- Burnaby has excellent shopping malls and services.
- Burnaby has excellent recreational facilities.
- Burnaby has excellent transportation options.
- Burnaby is close to downtown Vancouver, YVR and the main highways.
If you are thinking about living in Burnaby, or you already live here and are thinking about upsizing or downsizing then contact me for a list of available properties that suit your needs.